Virtues of Surah Waaqiah
عن ابن مسعود رضي الله عنه قال قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم: من قرأ سورة الواقعة في كل ليلة لم تصبه فاقةً أبدًا ، وكان ابن مسعود يأمر بناته يقرأن بها كل ليلة .
Sayyiduna Abdullah Ibn Masood (RA) narrated that the Messenger of Allah (SAW) said, “Whoever recites Surah al-Waqiah every night, he will never be afflicted by poverty.
And Ibn Masood (RA) used to command his daughters to read it every night.”
(Shu’ab al-Iman 4/120, number 2269).
Virtues of reciting Surah Mulk
عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ رضي الله عنه عَنِ النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ إِنَّ سُورَةً فِي الْقُرْآنِ ثَلاَثُونَ آيَةً شَفَعَتْ لِصَاحِبِهَا حَتَّى غُفِرَ لَهُ ، وهي تَبَارَكَ الَّذِي بِيَدِهِ الْمُلْكُ.
- It was narrated from Abu Hurairah (RA) that the Prophet (SAW) said: “There is a Surah in the Qur-aan, with thirty verses, which will intercede for its companion (the one who recites it) until he is forgiven. This Surah is: Tabarak al-lathi.”(Surah Mulk)
(Ibn Majah Number 3786, Musnad Ishaaq Bin Rahviyah, Number 122)
- Sayyiduna Jabir ibn ‘Abdillah (RA) reports that Rasulullah (SAW) would not sleep until he recited Surah Sajdah and Surah Mulk
(Sunan Tirmidhi, Hadith: 2892, Mustadrak Hakim, vol. 2 pg. 412)
- Sayyiduna ‘Abdullah ibn Mas’ud (RA) says:
Whomsoever recites Surah Mulk every night, Allah will protect him from the punishment of the grave by virtue of this Surah. In the time of Rasulullah (SAW) we named this Surah ‘Al Mani’ah’ (prevents the punishment of the grave). It is such a Surah, whoever recites it every night has certainly done a lot and has done good.
(Nasa’i, Hadith: 10479, Tabarani in al Mu’jamul Kabir, Hadith: 10254)
Virtues of Surah Yaaseen
- Sayyiduna Ibn ‘Abbas (RA) says: “Whoever recites Surah Yaseen in the morning, his work for that entire day will be made easy and whoever recites it at the end of the day, his tasks till the next morning will be made easy.”
(Sunan Darimi vol.2 pg.549)
2. Sayyiduna Jundub ibn ‘Abdullah (RA) narrates that Rasulullah (SAW) said, “Whoever recites Surah Yaseen at night seeking the pleasure of Allah, His sins will be forgiven.”
(Muwatta Imam Malik).
Based on this narration, Allama Al-Munawi (AR) has deduced that whoever will recite Surah Yaseen during the morning, will also be forgiven, Inshallah (If Allah Wills).
(See Faydul-Qadir vol.6 pg.259)
3. Sayyiduna Ma’qil ibn Yasar (RA) reports that Rasulullah (SAW) said: “Surah Yaseen is the heart of the Qur-aan. When anyone who intends the Akhirah recites it, Allah will forgive him. Recite it upon your deceased.”
(Sunan Abi Dawud)